The Costa del Sol is usually thought of as just a place to go and sit on the beach, but we have so much beautiful countryside around us where you can get active, as well as lots of great activities which will really give you a thrill.
Here is our run down of six of our favourites!
- Buggy and Quad adventures – The rugged and beautiful countryside inland from the Costa del Sol is crisscrossed with tracks, riverbeds and dirt roads that are amazing to explore on buggies and quads. Several companies offer tours where you can explore the fabulous countryside with your friends and many include stops to eat, swim, and generally enjoy the view. Search the options and choose what suits you best!
- Watersports – We have such a long and beautiful coastline and many companies offering a way to get your adrenaline fix on water. Almost every beach will have a jet ski rental, which is great fun and many take it to the next level with parasailing, diving, wakeboarding and even Flyboard, where you can take to the air on a column of water. There are lots of options to choose from, here’s a list of water sports providers recommended by TripAdvisor
- Caminito del Rey – One of the hottest activities at the moment is to hike the Caminito del Rey, a stunning hike which takes you up to dizzying heights over the El Chorro gorge. Once known as the most dangerous hike in Europe, they have now improved the safety, but it will still give you a thrill. Not one for vertigo suffers, everyone else will love it, it’s real bucket list stuff. You need to book your slot and buy your tickets in advance, as it’s very popular.
- Canyoning – Canyoning is a great combination of hiking, climbing, jumping, abseiling and swimming and a lovely way to explore the rivers of inland Costa del Sol. It’s loads of fun and really gets the heart racing. It’s a good adventure activity for the hotter parts of the year. Take a look at the options for these canyoning tours taking place near where you’re staying.
- Amazonia – Families who like adventure should give Amazonia a try. This is a treetop adventure, which challenges you to climb, swing, jump and slide down ziplines in Elviria. You book a three hour session where they kit you out, train you up and then let you loose on the different courses. Give them all a go if you’re brave enough! It’s great for kids from 6 years old and those which are 1.25 meters or over will get the most out of it, as they can go on the kids and explorador circuits.
- Karting – Petrol heads are spoilt for choice with Karting circuits in Estepona, Fuengirola and Malaga. The longest and most extensive is Kart Center Campillos, with 1,580 metres of track, plus a great selection of karts for hire. We recommend trying one of the Grand Prix packages, where you do timed training sessions and a race and get to stand on the podium and receive your prize if you’re in the top 3.
The newest activity for thrill seekers on the Costa del Sol is our outdoor skydiving simulator, where you can fly on a column of air, do tricks and get the feeling of freefall. You can experience this for yourself from the 1st of May, book your tickets and be one of the first to try this exciting new sensation.
We are delighted to be based within the Kart Center Campillos facility, so you can fly with us and try karting on the same day!